Tuesday, February 22, 2011

The Magicians

First of all I would like to point out that this book is way easier to read than the harry potter novels. I also like how the book touches upon sex and drugs. This novel truly is Harry Potter for college students. I like how magic is specified as a craft in the book and how it is extremely hard to do and only a select few can do it. It is more than just waving a wand and saying a bunch of words. I feel that the college in the book mirror's Ringling for me, because like magic (in the book), not everyone can make art and it takes a lot of patience and is hard to do sometimes. Also Ringling is in sunny Florida where I can escape the cold of the northern states. Which, is like the magic dome where it is forever summer at the magic college.

No comments:

Post a Comment